It’s a wasted opportunity if you do not enjoy a steaming pot of delicious broth in the cooler climate of Cameron Highlands!
And there are plenty of steamboat restaurants to choose from in Cameron Highlands. Including halal and vegetarian-friendly steamboat restaurants.
Be ready to grab some buddies and try some of these steamboat restaurants in Cameron Highlands!
Best Steamboat in Cameron Highlands
- Cameron Organic Produce Steamboat Restaurant
- C Buddys Steamboat
- Cactus View Restaurant
- Restaurant Tuan Yuan
- Hot Pot Time Restaurant
- Restaurant Mari Mari Home
- May Flower Restaurant
- Jin Jin Steamboat Restaurant
- Highland Steamboat Cheese & Grill (Halal)
- Restoran Taman Apple Cameron Steamboat & Grill (Halal)
- Ferm Nyonya Restaurant (Halal)
- Misokimchi (Halal)
- Y.A.Z Steamboat N” Grill (Halal)
1. Cameron Organic Produce Steamboat Restaurant
Open most days for lunch and dinner, this steamboat has its very own supply of organically grown vegetables to add to their charcoal steamboats!
The affordable and delicious vegetarian set comes highly recommended! Be warned that the broth may contain peanuts so ask beforehand if you are allergic.
Ask for their house-special too – their chili sauce.
Queues at dinner are common, you can wait for up to 45 minutes. Don’t forget to take a number at the counter!
- Address: 10, Bandar Baru, 39100 Brinchang, Pahang, Malaysia
- Opening hours: 12pm to 10pm (Closed on Tuesdays)
- Price range: It costs around ~RM30/ pax to dine here
- Phone: +605-491 4807
- Halal: Not halal. Pork is served at this restaurant but you can opt for the vegetarian set if that doesn’t bother you!
2. C Buddys Steamboat
This family-friendly steamboat restaurant has an affordable although small range of fresh steamboat ingredients and dipping sauces to choose from.
They do however serve a wide variety of soup bases (e.g. Mala, clear tom yam, corn, tomato, etc). Our personal favorite was the corn soup base. The tomato soup base was surprisingly too sweet.
Portions are quite generous (i.e. The 2 person set can satisfy 3 people) and you can sit out on their spacious terrace in the cool of the evening!
The restaurant can be accessed through a relatively new (and barren) shopping complex in Tanah Rata.
- Address: Cameron Fair, C-1, 7, Jalan Camelia, 39000 Tanah Rata, Pahang, Malaysia
- Opening hours: 1pm to 10pm
- Price range: ~RM180 for Set A with 2 add-ons and 4 drinks
- Phone: +6011-3543 1813
- Halal: No
3. Cactus View Restaurant
Hidden from view of the main road, this steamboat restaurant is frequently packed. And you either need to reserve a table in advance or come at 6pm if you want to have dinner there!
The steamboat apparatus that they use features a grill plate in the middle so you can grill some tender pork slices!
It’s extremely delicious and sinful to have the grilled pork fat dripping into the soup. We could not resist ordering another plate of pork!
Their chili paste compliments the food well.
Besides steamboat, they have bak kut teh (pretty good) and ala carte dishes – Try their vinegar pork leg dish!
Note: There are sinks and squat toilets at the back of the restaurant
- Address: Brinchang, 39100 Brinchang, Pahang
- Opening hours: 5pm to 9:30pm
- Price range: Affordable
- Phone: +6012-261 8599
- Halal: No
4. Restaurant Tuan Yuan | Cameron Highlands Steamboat & Chinese Food
Reasonably low prices and great service draw the crowds in which can mean slow serving times but:
You get a variety of delicious and fresh ingredients to cook either with the modern steamboat setup or the traditional charcoal tower.
Together with a pork bone soup or their Tom Yum soup base!
Note: The Tom Yum soup base is not too spicy.
Order other Chinese dishes like their ginger chicken too if you like! Other recommended dishes include fried kuay teow, mee hoon, curry mee, claypot curry fish head, and fried wantons too!
- Address: 6, Jalan Besar, Brinchang, 39100 Cameron Highlands, Pahang
- Opening hours: 12pm to 9:30pm
- Price range: RM35 per person
- Phone: +6017-520 7810
- Halal: No
5. Hot Pot Time Restaurant 火锅时代
A clean dining environment and a wide variety of hotpot soup bases draw the crowd to Hot Pot Time Restaurant in Tanah Rata.
Of their soup bases, the Japanese pork bone soup base is a clear standout. We like it because it is not too salty but is still flavorful (without the use of MSG). Although the herbal chicken, tomato, and tom yam with seafood soup bases are not far behind.
However, the bill can stack up quickly as soup bases are not included in the steamboat set cost. So you can expect to pay something between RM40 to RM60 per person depending on what you order.
The fresh ingredients help justify this price too. Parking availability in this recently developed area is a bonus!
See what else there is to know about this hotpot restaurant in Cameron Highlands.
Note: Not a halal establishment
- Address: B8-1 MY Pahang, Perumahan Makmur Cameron Jaya, Tanah Rata, 39000
- Opening hours: 5:30pm–10pm
- Price range: ~RM40 to RM60 / head
- Phone: –
- Halal: No
6. Restaurant Mari Mari Home (二师兄食堂)
Restaurant Mari Mari Home is one of the newer (if not newest) steamboat restaurants on this list! They opened in mid 2019.
Have a traditional charcoal steamboat dinner or lunch with the rich and flavorful pork rib soup base or white pepper soup! The tomyam soup is made from scratch!
There is the option to BBQ grill your food too!
By the way, you get an unlimited refill for vegetables! Staff is very friendly and sincere. Prices are moderate. Definitely have a go if you happen to pass by!
Note: They have beer on their menu.
- Address: 11, Bandar Baru, Brinchang, 39100 Cameron Highlands, Pahang
- Opening hours: Monday to Wednesday: 2pm to 10pm; Thursday to Sunday: 1pm to 10pm
- Price range: RM33/person (soup bases have individual charges)
- Phone: +6019-461 1767
- Halal: No
7. May Flower Restaurant
Right on the main road of Tanah Rata is this little restaurant where you can get cheap Chinese food served by a very helpful and friendly team!
They have one of the lowest steamboat set prices on this list! Taste, meat portions, and environment are average. So don’t expect too much!
As with any restaurant on this list, try to avoid the usual prime meal times like 12:30pm and 7pm.
- Tom Yum soup base steamboat
- Hokkien mee
- Chicken rice
- Address: 22, Main Road, Tanah Rata, 39000 Cameron Highlands, Pahang
- Opening hours:
- Weekdays: 8:30am to 3pm and again at 6pm to 10pm
- Weekends: 8am to 10pm
- Price range: RM30 per person
- Phone: +605-491 1793
- Halal: No
8. Jin Jin Steamboat Restaurant
Look out for this restaurant if you happen to be staying close to Cameron Square or at Copthorne Hotel:
Their affordable steamboat sets come with a slew of fresh ingredients including seafood like scallops, prawns and fish! In generous portions too! Especially the vegetables!
They serve a unique soup base here – herbal flavor which is worth trying!
There’s enough space for a large group to comfortably dine here! Just prepare for a long waiting time as queues form as soon as the restaurant opens!
The beautiful scenery and wonderful staff contribute to the restaurant’s reputation too!
Note: Not wheelchair or stroller friendly!
- Address: Brinchang, 39000 Cameron Highlands, Pahang
- Opening hours: 5pm to 12am
- Price range: RM27 per person
- Phone: +6012-529 5568
- Halal: No
- Kea Farm Market At Cameron Highlands: All Covered Including Food & What To Buy
- 11 Best Strawberry Farm In Cameron Highlands
- Butterfly Farm Cameron Highlands: Everything About This Farm + Review
9. Highland Steamboat Cheese & Grill
Highland Steamboat Cheese & Grill is an outdoor steamboat restaurant which has a buffet concept so you can expect that this inevitably draws lots of people!
A wide selection of marinated meat (except pork) is available. Including beef, lamb, and duck! Staff is very attentive too.
You can find this inconspicuous steamboat restaurant inside the Animal Rainbow Feeding Farm.
Note: The restaurant can feel quite cramped during the busiest hours!
- Address: B7-1, Jalan Tengkolok, Tanah Rata, 39000 Tanah Rata, Pahang, Malaysia
- Opening hours: 5pm to 12am (Closed on Tuesdays)
- Price range: RM35 per head
- Phone: +6011-1100 5529
- Halal: Yes
Usually always full as it is halal, Restoran Taman Apple Cameron Steamboat & Grill is a go-to venue for many Malay families.
And even though it doesn’t have a particularly wide steamboat selection of ingredients, it does have a wonderful ambiance for large groups!
Note: The grill and steamboat options are only available at dinner hour.
- Address: 891-A, Persiaran Dayang Indah, Tanah Rata, 39000 Tanah Rata, Pahang, Malaysia
- Opening hours: 4:30pm to 12am (Closed on Wednesdays)
- Price range: ~RM45/ head
- Phone: +6016-225 0315
- Halal: Yes
11. Ferm Nyonya Restaurant
Take your pick of steamboat or ala carte and halal Chinese-style dishes (large portions!) or both!
This busy and efficiently-run restaurant has been in business for over a decade!
Order their Nyonya style steamed fish (prepare for a wait though), salted fish fried rice, deep fried lamb and tom yam soup base!
- Address: 78A-D, Persiaran Camelia 4, Tanah Rata, 39000 Tanah Rata, Pahang, Malaysia
- Opening hours: 11am to 3:30pm, and again at 5:30pm to 9:30pm
- Price range: Reasonable considering the generous portions!
- Phone: +605-491 5891
- Halal: Yes
12. Misokimchi – Halal Steamboat
You can have Japanese, Western, Malay, Italian, or Korean food here (this restaurant is connected to Pizzarella).
Even vegetarians will find something (like bibimbap or vegetarian steamboat) appealing at Misokimchi, a halal steamboat restaurant.
To match with the cool climate, Korean army pot, kimchi stew or ramen are our favorites if you don’t feel like having steamboat! Albeit pricey (especially for ramen; chicken chop costs around RM30).
Steamboat sets typically cost RM35/pax here. As for beverages, their boba milk tea is nice.
Surprisingly, they also have scones on the menu and these are not half bad with homemade strawberry jam!
Furthermore, staff is friendly and helpful even if the customers far outnumber them. You can let the staff know how spicy you want your food too.
However, there are times when orders are slow so you might want to be really patient or just skip this place if it’s overcrowded.
- Address: Cameron Fair, C-G-9, Jalan Camelia, Tanah Rata, 39000, Pahang
- Opening hours: 11:30am–10pm
- Price range: ~RM35 / head
- Phone: +605-4851249
- Halal: Yes
13. Y.A.Z Steamboat N” Grill
Next to Hot Pot Time Restaurant火锅时代, Y.A.Z Steamboat N” Grill offers buffet-style steamboat at ~RM40/pax.
Note: There are actually two branches of Y.A.Z Steamboat N” Grill in Tanah Rata – This one near Golden Hills, and the second one by Cameron Prima Apartment.
The fact that they have mutton and duck as an option for their marinaded meats (apart from beef, squid, crab, and chicken) is another reason to check out this halal steamboat restaurant in Cameron Highlands.
Staff at Y.A.Z Steamboat N” Grill is friendly too. However, you can’t use e-wallets or credit cards to pay here as they only accept cash.
Overall, Y.A.Z Steamboat N” Grill is a decent option if you prefer your food to taste less bland and if you’re looking for a halal steamboat restaurant in Tanah Rata.
- Address: S1-G-15 / S1-G-16 Somer Square, Golden Hills, Tanah Rata, 39000, Pahang
- Opening hours: 5pm–11:59pm
- Price range: ~RM40 / head
- Phone: +6011-10774404
- Halal: Yes
- 15 Best Hotels In Cameron Highlands
- Cameron Highlands Itinerary: Cameron Highlands One Day Trip, 2D1N & 3D2N Itinerary
- 4 Best Rose Gardens In Cameron Highlands
- 3 Best Honey Bee Farm In Cameron Highlands
Want to know the easiest way to go to Cameron Highlands?
Private Tour And Transport From Ipoh To Cameron Highlands
A private tour service like RayTheTour includes both transport from Ipoh to Cameron Highlands as well as a personal guide.
Other reasons to consider hiring a private tour service:
- Safe and reliable
- Drivers are well acquainted with the route
- Space for all your group members plus luggage
- Pick-up from any Ipoh location
- Direct transport to your chosen Cameron Highlands hotel doorstep!
Having a hot pot or steamboat meal in Cameron Highlands is a must-do! The fact that there are so many steamboat restaurants in Cameron Highlands is a testament to that reputation!
Hopefully, this list will help to narrow down the options for you!
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links. We may receive a small commission for purchases or bookings made through these links at no extra cost to you. Thank you!