You can easily find a dim sum restaurant in Ipoh. But where are the best Ipoh dim sum located?
Dim sum is one food that you have to try in Ipoh?
Here are 11 most famous dim sum restaurants in Ipoh:
- Restoran Chooi Yue Dim Sum
- Restoran Hong Kong Dim Sum BFB
- Hong Xing Dim Sum Restaurant
- Ming Court Hong Kong Dim Sum
- Green Town Dimsum Café (Halal)
- Canning Dim Sum (Halal)
- Fulin Dim Sum
- Restoran Yoke Fook Moon
- Soon Yuen Dim Sum Restaurant
- Restoran Zui Le Xuan Dim Sum
- Restaurant Sun Kim Aik
11 Best Dim Sum In Ipoh
1. Restoran Chooi Yue Dim Sum (翠月楼)
Their business was so good that Restoran Chooi Yue Dim Sum expanded to two shop lots after a major renovation!
But despite the extra room, they always seem to be packed on weekend mornings anyways!
Most of the dishes are delicious but the char siew pau is above average!
2. Restoran Hong Kong Dim Sum BFB (八分半港式点心茶楼)
Tasty dim sum close to Sunway’s Lost World of Tambun.
Try the prawn dishes in particular! They use fresh prawns!
Crowded on weekends but it is still considerably easy to find a parking spot!
The first edition of this Ipoh Food Guide details multiple recommendations (from a local’s perspective) of where to find 15 of the best Ipoh food!
Grab this ebook written by locals for FREE!
Click here to check out more!
3. Hong Xing Dim Sum Restaurant (鸿星楼点心)
Craving some dim sum for breakfast or lunch before going back to Kuala Lumpur?
This one is right by the highway with a variety of yummy dim sum!
4. Ming Court Hong Kong Dim Sum (明阁香港点心)
Just opposite it’s main competitor Restaurant Foh San:
Ming Court Hong Kong Dim Sum has been able to stand its ground for many years!
As with anywhere in this part of town, it’s hard to find parking!
Try to avoid eating here if it’s a public holiday or weekend as it can get extremely crowded.
Popular dishes at Ming Court Hong Kong Dim Sum include lo mai gai and their char siew pau!
5. Green Town Dim Sum Café (Halal)
Fancy having dim sum for dinner? You can get tasty dim sum at reasonable prices!
This establishment is also one of the only halal dim sum restaurants in Ipoh!
6. Canning Dim Sum (Halal)
Next to Restoran New Hollywood in Canning Garden, this is the newest kid on the block!
If you want halal dim sum with a cozy ambiance, this restaurant is a good bet!
You have to try their coffee too!
Speaking of coffee, Ipoh has its share of hipster cafes!
7. Fulin Dim Sum (富臨閣点心)
If you want to enjoy savory dim sum at your own pace in a nice clean environment, this is the place for you!
Try their house specialty, the bacon rolls!
8. Restoran Yoke Fook Moon (玉福满酒楼)
Another great dinner option if you want to have dimsum:
Their char siew bao (baked or steamed) are highly recommended.
The same goes for their fresh shrimp dumplings!
9. Soon Yuen Dim Sum Restaurant (顺苑点心楼)
In a row of shop lots close to a Tesco Extra, is this clean and comfortable air conditioned dim sum restaurant!
Their dim sum is reasonably seasoned (and priced) too! Try their handmade Sichuan Beijing-style knife noodles and savory char siew pao!
Note: Their busiest time is between 10-11am. But there should be parking spaces anyways!
10. Restoran Zui Le Xuan Dim Sum (聚乐轩点心茶楼)
If you want to get away from the tourist crowds:
Restoran Zui Le Xuan Dim Sum has a big assortment of steam, fried and baked dim sum!
Fried lo bak ko (radish cake) and wu kok (yam croquettes) are a must-try here!
- 13 Best Chinese Restaurants In Ipoh
- 15 Best Vegetarian Restaurants In Ipoh
- 15 Best Western Restaurants In Ipoh
11. Restaurant Sun Kim Aik (新锦益点心茶楼)
A favorite among locals, don’t let the somewhat shabby appearance deter you, there is excellent dim sum to sample here!
Order their lo mai gai (glutinous steamed rice)!
Note: Portions are fairly large here!
- 9 Famous Salted Chicken In Ipoh That You Should Try
- 9 Best Chicken Rice In Ipoh
- 5 Famous Ipoh Peanut Candy Stores To Check Out In Ipoh
- 15 Best Breakfast In Ipoh: Recommended By A Local!
- 19 Famous Penang Street Food To Try
Don’t have your own transport in Ipoh?
- City public bus – Inexpensive but not always reliable
- Taxi or Grab – ok for the city area, not convenient if you need to go further (e.g. Gua Tempurung, Kellie’s Castle, etc)
- Car rental – Rates start from RM150+ per day (~SGD $50) for a standard 5-seater car.
- Private tour service – This is the option that’s most convenient! You don’t have to park or drive and you get a personal guide too!
Customize the given itinerary if you wish! And you can take the tour for just 1 or more days.
If you want to book a tour with RayTheTour/Travelswithsun (Ipoh private tour service):
Ipoh has come a long way when it comes to dim sum!
We even have restaurants that are halal and that open for dinner!
Take your pick of these 11 best Ipoh dim sum restaurants!