Best western food in Ipoh? Ipoh has its fair share of Western restaurants! While most only open for dinner, there are somewhere you can stop by for lunch too!
Choices for halal western food in Ipoh are limited. So we’ve made sure to include some reputable ones in this list!
Be ready to splurge a little too. Because western food is something of a treat when you want something other than Ipoh food!
Table of contents:
- MichelangelO’s Pizzeria
- Volcano Grill Cafe
- Euro House
- Hot Jack Cafe
- Fish and Chips By. Bareeseta
- Fantasy Food & Snack
- Morel Restaurant
- The Butcher’s Table Ipoh
- Aud’s by JJ Cafe
- Maria’s Cafe
- David’s Diner
- Citrus Wine & Dine
Looking for lunch?
Looking for a Halal Western Restaurant?
13 Best Western Food In Ipoh
1. MichelangelO’s Pizzeria
The undisputed specialty here is their delicious wood-fired pizza! Go before 7pm to avoid the dinner crowd!
Get the half and a half option so you can try two different flavors! You can also get side orders to accompany your pizza!
See what our favorite flavors at Michelangelo’s Pizzeria are.
- Address: No. 40, Jalan Medan Ipoh 1B, Medan Ipoh Bestari, 31400 Ipoh, Perak
- Opening hours: 5pm to 9pm; Closed on Monday
- Contact: +605-549 9099
- Remark: Not halal; Not the place for a quiet conversation! You can order beer here as well. Only open for dinner.
2. Volcano Grill Cafe
If you’re craving a good tenderloin steak that’s not super expensive (still pricey though), head over to Volcano Grill Cafe.
This is a cosy place for private business dinners. The head chef, Mr. Chai is the owner of this establishment too.
- Address: 31, Jalan Ampang Baru 6b, Kampung Ampang Baru, 31350 Ipoh, Perak
- Opening hours: 6pm to 10pm (Closed on Mondays)
- Contact: +6016-426 0845
- Remarks: Not halal; They have Australian Angus and Kobe beef!
3. Euro House
Euro House is one of the bests pubs or bistros in Ipoh! There’s a satisfactory selection of different beer to choose from.
And this is where you can find great western food in Ipoh Old Town too!
If you want to enjoy your food while listening to the live band, get a seat downstairs! Or you can sit upstairs to try and escape the din below.
Note: It does get pretty loud in the evenings of a Friday or Saturday night though.
- Address: 51, Jalan Hussein, Taman Jubilee, 30250 Ipoh, Perak
- Opening hours: 3pm to 12am
- Contact: +6012-553 2032
- Remarks: Not halal
Read more: 15 Best Breakfast In Ipoh: Recommended By A Local!
4. Hot Jack Cafe
Simple ambiance here but this is one of the more affordable western restaurants in Ipoh!
There’s some deep fried western food like nuggets that kids will really enjoy! They have kid meals too.
During peak times, you can also sit outside. Not a bad place to grab a coffee or steak either! There are Asian mains in the menu as well.
- Address: 1, Jalan Pasir Puteh 1, New Pasir Puteh, 31650 Ipoh, Perak
- Opening hours: 12pm to 3:30pm, and again from 5:30pm to 10:30pm (Closed on Tuesdays)
- Contact: +605-322 1090
- Remarks: Food portions run small. Good service
5. Fish and Chips By. Bareeseta
Go for the namesake dish of the café and you will not regret it! They have other western mains too. Like eggs benedict and waffles. Although the spaghetti is spicy to cater to Malaysian customers!
Fish and Chips By. Bareeseta is on Grab Food too, the most popular food delivery service in Ipoh!
Their coffee is not sweet and you can order smoothies too!
Food portions are sufficient for small to medium eaters. And that means you’ll have space for their burnt cheesecake or bailey’s or matcha Tiramisu!
Read more about our experience at Fish and Chips By. Bareeseta.
- Address: 26, Jalan Medan Ipoh 1B, Medan Ipoh Bestari, Ipoh, Perak
- Opening hours: 12pm to 3:30pm, and again from 5pm to 9:30pm (Closed on Mondays)
- Contact: +6016-433 2626
- Remarks: Not halal
Read more: 9 Famous Salted Chicken In Ipoh That You Should Try
There’s plenty to love about this western restaurant in Ipoh! They have mains as wells as starters and desserts available in their menu.
This is actually one of Ipoh’s best kept secrets for fine dining in Ipoh! Especially for authentic French food prepared by a French chef!
Besides the excellent food (plus presentation) – lamb rack, beef fillet, chocolate fondant, chocolate lava, Crème brûlée, etc :
Having’s offers a nice and clean dining environment with soft lighting. Furthermore, they have great service and easy parking.
What’s also great is that they make most of their ingredients from scratch! We think the pricing is reasonable considering the quality of the ingredients used.
- Address: 8, Pusat Perdagangan Canning 3, Pusat Perdagangan Canning, 31400 Ipoh, Perak
- Opening hours:
- Monday to Tuesday: 6:30pm to 10:30pm
- Wednesday to Thursday: 6:30pm to 9:30pm
- Fridays to Sunday: 12pm to 2pm and again from 6:30pm to 9:30pm
- Contact: +6017-453 9089
- Remarks: Lunch and dinner menu vary; Not halal
7. Fantasy Food & Snack
Fantasy Food & Snack may not look like much on the inside. In fact, it’s full of families, especially during the weekends (and after school hours).
But this western restaurant in Ipoh is fully air-conditioned. Note that the food here is old-school Malaysian western classics like chicken or pork chop.
Along with simple pastas (the Bolognese is quite tasty), they do have some local dishes too. Like their Nasi Lemak Special.
- Address: 11, Jalan Chung Thye Phin, Taman Jubilee, 30250 Ipoh, Perak
- Opening Hours: 10am to 9pm (Closed on Mondays)
- Contact: +605-2422113
- Remarks: Not halal;
8. Morel Restaurant
Morel Restaurant is another Ipoh western restaurant that dabbles mainly in Italian cuisine.
They even make their pasta and noodles from scratch!
Enjoy their cheerful environment, exquisite food presentation and of course, tasty food! With fresh ingredients!
- Address: B, Lot, 77, Section, 3121S, Jalan Chung Thye Phin, 30250 Ipoh, Perak
- Opening hours: 11am to 3pm, and again from 6pm to 10pm (Closed on Monday to Wednesday)
- Contact: +6010-928 7291
- Remarks: Recently moved from Soho Ipoh to Jalan Chung Thye Phin (3 min drive away)
9. The Butcher’s Table Ipoh
Meat lovers will be thoroughly contented with the decadent meat dishes here:
- Pork knuckles
- Wagyu beef steak
- Crispy roast pork
- Iberico shoulder collar
- Tomahawk pork or beef
- In-house sausages
- Pork chop
- And many more
Note: Parking is tricky on weekends.
- Address: 18, Tingkat Taman Ipoh 6, Garden South, 31400 Ipoh, Perak
- Opening hours: 12pm to 3pm, and again from 6pm to 10pm
- Contact: +605-210 7088
- Remarks: Not halal; Depending on what you order, there’s a little bit of wait time involved
10. Aud’s Cafe
Stop by this quaint hipster Ipoh cafe if you are exploring Ipoh Old Town on foot as parking is not the easiest on a weekend!
They have a number of pork dishes that are worth tasting:
- Pesto pork burger
- Siew Yok pasta (Chinese style roasted pork with spaghetti) – nice but not phenomenal
- Pulled pork sandwich
- Braised pork belly rice bowl
Besides the food, they have excellent avocado smoothies and iced coffee!
Overall, an excellent place to stop for some western food in Ipoh town!
- Address: 97, Jalan Sultan Yusof, 30000 Ipoh, Perak
- Opening hours: 9am to 5pm (Closed on Mondays)
- Contact: +605-246 1310
- Remarks: Not halal; Seating does not cater for large groups
Read more: 5 Famous Ipoh Peanut Candy Stores To Check Out In Ipoh
11. Maria’s Cafe
A steakhouse chain that serves quality Italian dishes and fantastic steaks!
The menu may be limited but you will be impressed by their food. Try their lamb cutlets or seafood spaghetti.
- Address: 60, Persiaran Greentown 2, Pusat Perdagangan Greentown, 31350 Ipoh, Perak
- Opening hours: 4:30pm to 11pm (Closed on Mondays)
- Contact: +605-242 4133
- Remarks: Pork free. They get their meat from a halal supplier. You can order alcohol here.
Read more: 9 Best Chicken Rice In Ipoh
Halal Western Food In Ipoh
12. David’s Diner
Another old-timer that’s known for their extensive western menu with American food as well as Mexican food!
This is a popular joint for halal western food in Ipoh!
Think burgers, steaks, nachos, and lamb stew~
Note: If you spend more than RM30, they’ll pay off the RM1 parking fee for you.
- Address: B-G-1, Persiaran Greentown 7, Pusat Perdagangan Greentown, 31350 Ipoh, Perak
- Opening hours: 11am to 10:30pm
- Contact: +605-242 5733
- Remarks: Halal; Restaurant is quite dim with ample parking outside. There is the option of food delivery through Food Panda.
13. Citrus Wine & Dine
Citrus Wine & Dine has been around for many years serving western food with quality ingredients.
It is a fine dining restaurant so expect the food to be a little pricey.
The restaurant is at a corner shop lot surrounded by residential areas on the way to Sunway.
Try their steak and desserts!
Don’t miss out on this fine-dining opportunity for halal western food in Ipoh!
- Address: 38, Laluan Ipoh Perdana, Taman Ipoh Perdana, 31400 Ipoh, Perak
- Opening hours: 11:30am to 2:30pm, and again from 6:30pm to 10:30pm (Closed on Wednesday)
- Contact: +605-545 1010
- Remarks: Halal; Reservations are recommended for the weekend!
It’s not at all rare to spot a restaurant serving western food in Ipoh among all the local food joints! Including chinese restaurants in Ipoh as well as various steamboat eateries in Ipoh!
There seems to be at least one in most areas:
- Ipoh Garden South
- Canning Garden
- Greentown Ipoh
- Pasir Puteh (close to Ipoh shopping mall, AEON Station 18)
We’ve rounded up the best ones all in one post so you can pick out the one that calls out to you!
And if none of them do, consider trying the best Korean restaurants in Ipoh or the best Japanese restaurants in Ipoh.
Other posts you might like:
- What To Do In Ipoh (Besides Eating)!
- Top 9 Nasi Kandar In Ipoh
- Gua Tempurung Caving (Perak’s Own Cave Of Wonders) – Fantastic Caving Experience In Gopeng
- Kellie’s Castle Ipoh – Must-see Architectural & Historical Perak Attraction
- Ipoh nightlife – make the most of your trip in Ipoh!
- Ipoh massage spots – where to get a good body massage after a whole day of sight-seeing!